US Foods has announced the launch of its Fall 2022 Scoop, themed “Money Making Menus – Products Positioned for Profits.” Fall Scoop features 22 innovative, labor-saving products that offer upsell, swap and add-on opportunities to help increase menu profitability and retain and attract diners.
In today’s environment, where labor shortages and ingredient prices are top concerns for operators, US Foods looks to provide solutions to help them address these pain points and continue to drive profitable growth.
“Our Scoop strategy to bring operators innovative, labor-saving products that will inspire new menu ideas, align with current dining trends and address evolving cost challenges has never been more important than it is right now,” says Stacey Kinkaid, vice president of product development and innovation for US Foods. “The Fall Scoop line-up was developed by our culinary experts based on insights gathered from operators around the country, enabling us to deliver best-in-class products that help them overcome the most pressing challenges they face today. The unique flavor components and on-trend applications highlighted in Fall Scoop will encourage diners to spend a little more for customization and flavor exploration and create back-of-house cost savings to help boost the operator’s bottom line.”
Key product highlights from Fall Scoop include:
- Monarch Cheddar Sour Cream and Chive Potato Tots – This product elevates trendy “totchos” by incorporating the savory flavors of cheddar cheese, sour cream and chives inside the tots. Pre-prepped and ready to cook in less than three minutes.
- Chef’s Line Breaded Cheese Curds – These Wisconsin white cheddar, hand-breaded small curds present big upsell opportunities across menu parts. Cook time is less than three minutes and they are ready to cook out of the case.
- Molly’s Kitchen Plant-Based Pork Strips – Made from soy protein, these vegan strips are lightly seasoned with salt and pepper to give maximum flexibility in recreating pork dishes such as barbeque sandwiches, tacos or bowls for vegans, flexitarians or anyone willing to pay a little more for a plant-based alternative that doesn’t compromise flavor and texture.
- Devonshire Chocolate Chip Cookie and Milk Cake – A unique spin on the classic cookies and milk, this dessert is pre-made and pre-sliced. The two cake layers have cookies and chocolate chips baked in, separated by a creamy milk mousse, and topped with more mousse, chocolate drizzle and more chocolate chips.
- Chef’s Line Mediterranean-Style Wheat Berry and White Bean Blend – This versatile grain blend features white beans, spinach, cherry tomatoes and red onions, and is pre-seasoned with Mediterranean flavors. The blend also enables operators to create unique menu items, since wheat berries are not often found on menus due to their complicated and labor-intensive prep.
- Patuxent Farms Zesty Breaded Chicken Breast Filet – Dill pickle flavor is infused in the marinade and the breading delivers the ideal “zesty” flavor. It is ideal for a signature sandwich or sliced in a salad, bowl or wrap.
The entire Fall Scoop line-up can be viewed at US Foods’ website.